What QNAP NAS model fit these needs

smikBox Selecting the right NAS What QNAP NAS model fit these needs

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kenneth Pole 2 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kenneth Pole
    Participant

Can you please suggest a QNAP model that fits these needs to save time and money of choosing to upgrade to a new device at a later time?

– has most of the multimedia features listed here as I will be regularly streaming movies to mobile devices and smartTV, my current WD MyCLoud always lags so I never streamed a movie from there

– has most of the home features here – most of the people at home are students so setting up a printer server is of much importance

For business use,
    – Im not planning to host a website but I may be needing it in the future
    – I may be needing to setup VPN in the server – with this, I mean setting up a virtual server where i can install a software that runs itself 24 hours to avoid using having a computer stay on for a 24/7 task – this is possible right. im not quite sure about the terminologies but that’s basically what i want to achieve

I’m not particular with storage but I may be needing a NAS that i wont outgrow its capacity easily.

Thanks for your help with this. With the right choice, I wont be needing a new QNAP device if ever I get to need a feature or functionality

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.